Honda Indy Toronto – Competitor Information
Dear FireFit Competitors,
Please ensure that you read ALL of this email as it contains information you will require to ensure access onto the Honda Indy Toronto Festival Site!
1. Competitors are asked to attend Registration Confirmation on Thursday or Friday between 4 and 8pm to sign waivers, confirm who is competing and pick-up Honda Indy Passes. If you are competing on both days you will need a pass for each day. A team captain may pick-up all passes for their team. IF YOU ARE an Individual and are WORKING and unable to attend Registration Confirmation please advise via Email. email@example.com
Otherwise it is imperative that you come and pick-up your passes, so that you will have access to site for Saturday and Sunday.
The passes that you will be receiving are general entry passes and give you access to the Festival grounds NOT the grandstands! You will also be able to drop your gear bags onsite with us Thursday and Friday and we will store in trailer for you
Tents are allowed but no Coolers, liquids or food. Please see below list! Bring an empty water bottle as we will have water onsite and there is a beer garden across from the course! J
Opening Ceremonies will take place at 9:45
Festival site opens at 7:30 am. You will need to arrive early to ensure parking!
On-site parking is only available with an event-issued parking pass. You can purchase guaranteed parking passes via the Honda Indy Toronto website. All other parking is first come first serve.
GATE 3 is the closest gate to the FireFit Course and accessed by Ontario Place parking. This lot is only accessible via Lakeshore going WEST! Take Bathhurst St. follow to Lakeshore take a right onto Lakeshore and then left onto Remembrance Dr. and into parking lot.
Additional parking may be available at Ontario Place, private lots, and on-street parking, but are not guaranteed, as spaces are limited. Please observe all posted parking regulations.
For additional directions, please refer to the following Google map links.
–Lakeshore train West
–Exhibition Stop (between Mimico Station and Union Station)
–Walk South to Gate 3 (towards Lake Ontario)
GO Transit often provides extra service to and from the Exhibition stop, related to the Honda Indy Toronto
For more information on times and track updates please visit GoTransit.com.
TTC from the West:
-Take the Bloor subway line to Dufferin Station
-Transfer to the #29 bus south to Exhibition Place
TTC from the East or North:
-Yonge-University subway line to Union Station
-Proceed to Queens Quay platform
-#509 streetcar (Bus) West to Exhibition Place
-Exit at Strachan Avenue or at the Exhibition GO Station
-Walk to Gate 3
Routes may change due to construction. For more information on service advisories/routes please visit TTC.ca
For a map of the festival site click this link: http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/track-map
FireFit course is in the Interactive Exhibits located in PINK just off Lakeshore
For all details on Festival click this link: http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/spectator-guide#Event
3. Bringing items onto Festival Site
To ensure the safety of patrons and/or event staff, at all gates over race weekend patrons will be asked to open purses, backpacks or other bags upon entry. Prohibited items including all items deemed a risk, and listed below, will not be permitted onto the grounds. Violating these policies may warrant ejection or arrest.
· Abuse of intoxicants
· Carrying open food or drinks over bridges or track crossings
· Disorderly conduct/fighting/profanity
· Placing cups on walls
· Standing on grandstand seats
· Standing or sitting in walkways, grandstand aisles, and ramps
· Smoking in grandstands, suites, bridges, tunnel, or buildings
· Spitting tobacco
· Throwing or kicking objects
· Other actions deemed inappropriate, offensive or disruptive
The following items are not permitted:
· Audio/Video recording devices
· NO Coolers
· Folding chairs
· NO Food and beverage
· Frisbees, helium balloons, or inflatable items of any kind
· Golf carts for personal use
· Glass bottles/containers, cans (including aerosol)
· Handbills or samples are not to be distributed or placed on the grounds without the expressed written pre-approval of the event organizers
· Laptop computers
· Large bags, including but not limited to: duffel and grocery bags, luggage (Fire Fighter Gear bags are ok but will be inspected)
· Laser lights and pointers
· Motorcycles or off-road vehicles (including ATVs, ATCs, dune bug bicycles)
· Pets (service animals excepted)
· Skateboards, rollerblades, roller-skates, scooters, or bicycles
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
· Leave early– this is the most important tip we can give to allow everyone time to park and be situated in time for pre-race ceremonies. The Indy pre-race ceremonies take place at
· If you have purchased a parking pass from the Honda Indy Toronto website, please be sure to follow the specific guidelines printed, and have your permit displayed/ready before you arrive
· Note that routes found on the Honda Indy Toronto site and online often show the best path with the shortest distance, without regard to construction projects and other obstacles.
· Please visit the City of Toronto's Ministry of Transportation website for the most up-to-date road closures in and around the city
QUESTIONS: please email Hilary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by Hilary McRoberts
- On July 16, 2014
- 0 Comments